Journeyman Plumber Careers
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Thank you for your interest in D & F Plumbing. We’re a family-owned business that’s been serving the Portland, Vancouver, and surrounding area for almost 100 years. Our team is well-trained, licensed, and we guarantee customer satisfaction.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
At D & F Plumbing, our full-time employee benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan with Company Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid holidays
- Competitive pay
- Continuing education
D & F Plumbing also offers advancement opportunities within the company.
We are looking for an experienced Plumber to install, maintain and repair sanitation units, water and gas supply lines, heating systems, and associated fixtures and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to design and inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes.
To be successful as a Plumber you should be able to work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. Work with customers to provide solutions to plumbing issues. Understand pricing to build options and be able to collect payment on site. To excel in this position you should have strong technical skills, be a master at troubleshooting and enjoy dealing with people. Training on software is provided.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints/plans to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship.
- 2+ years of experience as a Plumber.
- Valid plumbing license.
- Good working knowledge of water supply, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- Physical dexterity.
BEST PAY AND BENEFITS IN THE NORTHWEST
WELL ESTABLISHED FAMILY BUSINESS FOR NEAR 100 YEARS
D & F Plumbing requires a driven and organized self-starter as our Warehouse tech. The Warehouse Technician is an essential part of daily warehouse operations and directly contributes to the efficiency and productivity of the company.
In this integral role, you’ll be expected to create, implement, and enforce organized systems that improve the flow of receiving, distributing, stocking, and storing items in the warehouse. This position comes with the potential for increased responsibility and further career development with a near-century old company in a rewarding industry.
- Maintain organization in all aspects of the D & F Plumbing warehouse and yard
- Create system for organizing and accurately tracking inventory of tools, equipment, materials, parts, etc.
- Implement and enforce a check in/out system for all tools and equipment
- Assist with organizing and preparing materials and necessary equipment for jobs
- Coordinate returns upon job completion to suppliers for credits
- Manage recycling materials (may include drop-off to a recycling center)
- Set up, implement, and maintain an organized system for stocking of trucks (including set up of trucks, truck racks, rack accessories, tools, replacement parts, etc.)
- Coordinate laborers or assist with deliveries and pickups at job sites
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Follow safety procedures according to OSHA for tools and equipment at job locations
- Potentially conduct future unannounced inspections, reporting, education and follow up for job safety
- Keep tools and equipment in proper places order with routine maintenance
- Communicate tool and equipment replacement with management when needed
- Great Organizing skills
- Adding or building shelves, moving furniture, reorganizing shop or yard layout, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent organization, communication, and planning skills
- Quick-learner and adaptable
Basic computer skills
- Good physical health with the ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Capable of working well with others in a constructive and/or instructional way
- Strive to implement systems that benefit the team of employees and D & F Plumbing as a whole
D&F Plumbing is looking for an experienced Drain & Water Heater Technician who’s great at problem-solving! In this role, you’ll deliver an impressive level of customer service, pricing options and explanations, and careful work with technical expertise. We seek friendly personalities and ambitious go-getters who are looking to advance their skills in a nearly 100-year old company.
At D&F Plumbing, we pride ourselves on employee satisfaction and reward loyal and enthusiastic members of the team. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and opportunities to grow and learn. We look forward to rewarding you with expanded responsibilities and career advancements.
- Educate customers on their plumbing system and possible solutions
- Offer a range of options and pricing to keep projects within the customers’ budget
- Explains the features and benefits of each solution
- Obtain agreements for services before performing work
- Provide installation, maintenance and repairs for a variety of water heater makes and models
- Perform pipe inspection with cameras
- Clean main drains or secondary drains in homes and commercial buildings using cable or
high pressure water jetting
- Unclog sewers, kitchen and bathroom sinks, tubs, toilets, etc. using plumbing snakes and
other drain clearing machines
- Take careful notes, photos and project descriptions within the customers’ profile
- Collect, record and take payments with accuracy
- Use the company software (Service Titan) for all customer interactions, payments and job
- Stock service truck with adequate parts and materials weekly
- Transport materials and tools to the job site and provide proper inventory of tools,
materials, equipment, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to
- Maintain a safe and clean job site with respect to customers’ property
- Handle materials, tools and equipment properly and store them correctly
- Responsibly maintain equipment, tools and company vehicles, in clean and good
- Background check required for this position
Skills & Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of residential and commercial plumbing systems
- Prior experience in drain cleaning or water heater services
- Customer service and sales skills
- Experience with Service Titan a plus
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, 50+
D&F Plumbing requires a motivated and trainable team player for a Customer Service Representative. This position includes an array of duties that demand strong skills in customer relations, data entry, phone interactions, organization and sales. As CSR, we expect a personality that’s pleasant on the phone, patient with customers and coworkers, and confident in stressful situations.
More than just customer relations, the CSR serves as a support specialist to people both inside and outside of the company. Scheduling appointments and encouraging sales over the phone is just a sliver of the full scope. CSR’s handle a range of tasks that directly contribute to the overall flow of productivity and efficiency.
At D&F Plumbing, we pride ourselves on employee satisfaction and reward loyal and enthusiastic members of the team. This fundamental role comes with opportunity for growth and expanded responsibilities in a near-century old business.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and patience with coworkers and customers
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction and fast solutions
- Build sustainable relationships, positive rapport and trust with customers over the phone
- Answer incoming calls regarding service questions, scheduling, payments, billing issues, and general customer concerns
- Update customer information in the customer database during and after each call
- Properly use dispatch software to accurately maintain customer records and schedule service team accordingly
- Schedule customers efficiently and accurately to improve dispatch and service time-frames
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Problem solve to turn frustrated clients into repeat customers
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, and follow up to ensure resolution
- Follow communication procedures, scripts, guidelines and policies
- Punctual and committed to regular attendance
- Securely take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers
- Keep company and customers’ personal information safe and private
- Stay up to date on company deals and promotions and inform customers of discounts they can take advantage of
- Alleviate workload for miscellaneous office duties including answering phones, responding to emails, word processing of proposals, field support, project management, purchase of materials, and various duties for customers or vendors
- Assist with internal office processes and field support for matters related to credit cards, invoices, phone interactions, data entry, inventory and paperwork
- Job entails sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours) and may require occasional physical lifting (up to 30 pounds)
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing and achieving results for other tasks or projects as assigned by supervisor
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Quick-learner and adaptable
- Experienced with data entry and scheduling or dispatch software systems
- Good physical health with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Computer and typing proficient, 40+ wpm
- Background or experience in the construction industry
- Strive to implement systems that benefit the team of employees and D&F Plumbing as a whole
Plumber Careers in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas