Stinky smells, creaky sounds, and rust-colored water—it sounds like a haunted house, but no, that’s your home saying it needs a repiping. You see, pipes rust and deteriorate over time, affecting your water quality and your plumbing efficiency. Unless you enjoy drinking a cool glass of orange water (which we wouldn’t recommend, but hey, we don’t judge) a repipe might be in order. Especially if your house is older and demonstrates these symptoms.
While there are a variety of materials used today for water lines, we usually recommend PEX pipes. And in this blog post, we’ll tell you why.
What the heck does PEX mean anyways? The official fancy term for PEX is “Cross-linked polyethylene” which is a plastic material used for water supply piping systems. PEX is flexible and easier to install than a rigid pipe, and it offers high heat-resistance and long-term durability.
Benefits of PEX Pipes
Now, here is where we get down to business; talking about why we believe PEX pipes are better:
- Lightweight: PEX pipes are so light, it only takes a single person to carry a piece which means fewer of us are required to perform the job. Less weight also means lower transport costs.
- Affordable: PEX pipes are way cheaper than copper piping. So you can use all that money you saved for that grill or luxury bag that’s been haunting your dreams!
- Durable: PEX pipes are great for high-pressure needs and they won’t freeze or rust like galvanized metal pipes.
- Long-lasting: PEX pipes can last around 50 years or more underground.
- Green solution: PEX pipes also bring environmental advantages compared to traditional piping materials. They require fewer resources and energy to manufacture and they can be recycled to manufacture new pipes.
Professional Repiping Services
Let’s face it, your pipes are out of sight, out of mind and you’re busy—we get that. If you are fed up with experiencing creepy sounds and rust-colored water, you can count on D&F to help! We are friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced. And at the end of the day, we want you to be satisfied with our services and your plumbing. So give us a call today for quality plumbing services and crystal clear water you can trust!