Sewer Line Excavation
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
No homeowner wants to hear the dreaded word: excavation! Whether you bought your dream home twenty years ago, or you just recently bought an older home with more problems than you realized, sewer line excavation can be a daunting repair to face. Call D & F Plumbing! We’ll take care of every step of the process, from inspection to the actual excavation. Depending on the diagnosis of your plumbing problem, trenchless sewer line excavation might be possible–a new technique that can save you time, money, and your backyard!
Signs You Need a Sewer Line Excavation
Pipes will eventually need to be replaced, whether because of natural age or damage. That typically requires a sewer line excavation. Corrosion, damage, tree roots, and other obstructions can present a variety of indications that your sewer line needs to be repaired, including:
- Unusual pools of water in your yard
- Vivid patches of lawn over your sewer line
- Foul odors coming from your drains
- Water or sewage backing up into the drains, shower, or toilet
None of this indications are a diagnosis: it’s important to call a professional plumber who can properly inspect your sewer line.
Need Help with Sewer Line Excavation?
Click the Button below to leave your information. A team member will be reaching out to you very shortly!
Minor Repairs Might Not Require Excavation
If you have a minor leak or obstruction in your sewer line, it may be possible to fix the issue without digging up your yard. A professional plumbing excavator may also be able to fix the pipe by digging out one section of the line, instead of the entire line.
A major repair is a different story. Your sewer line runs completely underground, so fixing a long portion of it requires access to the entire pipe. However, some repairs can be done with trenchless sewer line excavation, a cutting-edge technique that basically involves running a new pipe through the old one. This saves valuable time–and your backyard!
Methods of Trenchless Sewer Line Excavation
More and more popular in recent years, trenchless sewer line repair is a great way to avoid a complete excavation. Here are three ways your pipes can be repaired or replaced with trenchless sewer line excavation:
- Pipe Bursting: a special tool is threaded within the pipe. As it moves through, it destroys the old pipe, all while running a new pipe behind it.
- Cure-in-Place: a new pipe covered in an adhesive is inserted into the old one, and then expanded. Once the adhesive (typically a type of resin) dries, the pipe is bonded to the old one.
- Point Repair: a small hole in the ground is dug, right where the repair is needed. This avoids having the entire pipe being excavated.
- Directional Boring: in this method, a trench is still dug, but it’s completely underground! Using special equipment, an excavation team can dig a new line horizontally, avoiding disturbing the surface of your yard.
Professional Plumbing Services for Sewer Lines
Sewer line repair needs to be conducted by a professional plumber. If you’re interested in trenchless sewer line excavation, it’s even more important to choose a plumber who has extensive experience with this technique. D & F Plumbing has been a professional plumbing service since 1927, and we’re committed to each and every one of our customers. If you need your sewer line replaced, call D & F Plumbing today!
Sewer Line Excavation in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas