Emergency PlumberHave an overflowing toilet, broken water heater or burst pipe? When you need help fast, you can count on the experts at D&F Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling! We offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services:
- Emergency repairs & installations
- Licensed, bonded, & insured plumbing technicians
- Exceptional customer service, guaranteed
What is Considered a Plumbing Emergency?Not sure if your plumbing problem qualifies as a plumbing emergency? If you’re ever concerned about your system and uncertain about what you should do, give us a ring! Our experts can help you determine if emergency plumbing is necessary. Some common plumbing emergencies to look for include:
- Burst pipes
- Water leaks
- Clogged toilets
- Sewer line issues
- Water heater leaks and malfunctions
- Slab leaks
- Broken water heater
- Serious drain clogs
- Burst washing machine hose
- And more!
What to do in a Plumbing EmergencyIt only takes a few minutes for a plumbing emergency to make a huge mess. Thankfully, there are some steps you can take to limit the damage. While our technicians are on the way, follow these steps to minimize damage:
- Shut the off the Main Waterline for Major ProblemsLocate your water shut off valve. This is located outside near the water meter. By turning off the shut off valve, you will stop water from entering your home.
- Turn Off the Shut Off Valve for Sinks and ToiletsThere is a shut-off valve near the base of the floor and where the line enters the wall. This is most commonly under the sink and behind the toilet.
- Address Any LeaksThis can be done by wrapping towels around the leak and using a bucket to collect water. Be sure to try to keep the areas as dry as possible to reduce water damage to your property.
- In Case of Water Heater Emergencies…Immediately turn the water heater unit off. This helps to prevent water heater damage and reduces the need for additional water heater repair. If you shut off the mainline this may cause pressure to build and may lead to bigger problems.