Tankless Water Heaters
If you’ve got a house full of teenagers and are constantly running out of hot water, a tankless water heater is your solution. Tankless water heaters are relatively new in the hot water heater market and they are becoming quite a popular choice for homeowners–and for good reason. They are more energy-efficient and less bulky than standard tank-type water heaters. But best of all–they give you an endless supply of hot water!
How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
Unlike conventional tank-type water heaters that reserve hot water in tanks, tankless water heaters only heat water when called for by a faucet or any other appliance in your home. Coldwater passes over heating elements and then runs straight into your home. There are many benefits to owning a tankless water heater:
- They are highly energy-efficient: Since no tank is being used to keep water hot, tankless water heaters use less energy. They can save you up to $1,100 over the span of 12 years and save you up to 12,000 gallons of water per year. You may also qualify for an energy rebate.
- They save space: Tankless water heaters are compact. They can be installed outside of your home or wall-mounted inside of your home.
- They provide an endless supply of hot water: Since hot water is heated on-demand, you’ll enjoy an endless amount of hot water. This can be essential if you have a large family, hot tub or spa.
- They last longer: Tankless water heaters are manufactured with high-end materials making them less susceptible to leaks and rust. They can perform well for 20 to 30 years; that’s double the lifespan of a standard tank-type water heater.
Types of Tankless Water Heaters
There are three types of tankless water heaters on the market.
- Condensing: operate with an efficiency rating between 90% to 98%
- Non-condensing: operate with an efficiency rating at about 80%
- Condensing hybrid: operate with an efficiency rating between 92% to 96%
Tankless water heaters also come electric or gas-powered.
Tankless Water Heater Repair and Maintenance Services
Tankless water heaters are built with top-of-the-line materials, so you’ll want to properly care for it to ensure it maintains its efficiency, having it serviced at least once a year. If your tankless water heater needs repairs, contact D&F Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. You can be sure we’ll work quickly to diagnose and fix whatever issue your water heater is having. More importantly, you’re in control every step of the way as we provide you with up-front pricing.
Tankless Water Heater Cost
The cost of a tankless water heater varies depending on several factors including the type of unit we’re installing and if a new gas line is needed. A plumbing contractor will perform an estimate and determine the total cost for you. Generally, the cost to purchase and install your tankless water heater ranges between $2,000 and $4,500.
While tankless water heaters cost more to purchase and install than standard water heaters, they are more cost-efficient in the long run. The cost to operate a tankless water heater is about $196 per year.
Professional Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless water heaters are a great investment for homeowners. If you’re ready to update to a tankless water heater, contact D&F Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. You can rest easy when you hire us because we’re highly-experienced in water heaters. From helping you determine which one is best for you all the way to installation, you can rely on us for all of your water heater needs!