Sump Pump Repair and Installation
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Basements that are prone to flooding can really benefit from sump pumps. Designed to pull up excess water, sump pumps are a great addition to any home! With a sump pump, you can prevent flooding and the problems it can cause, like mold growth and wood rot. The Pacific NW is an area with heavy rainfall. If you’ve struggled with basement flooding in the past, consider having D & F Plumbing install a new sump pump!
Types of Sump Pumps
Sump pumps can be used in a variety of ways, including water and sewage.
There are two main types of sump pumps:
- Submersible pumps: this type of sump pump is installed in the sump pit of the structure. They sit within groundwater, and it prevents them from overheating. This is the most common type of sump pump.
- Pedestal pumps: This type sits above the sump pit, with a hose that goes into the pit itself. They are typically more affordable and they also last longer.
Sump Pump Repair
Sump pumps are complicated appliances. Because they pump groundwater and excess water, rocks and debris can enter the motor over time. With normal use, some repair is going to be necessary. If you’ve noticed the following signs, it’s time to have a professional inspect your sump pump:
- Churning, whirring, grinding, or whining
- Shreds of metal on the ground
- Your basement smells musty or moldy
- Your basement has flooded and the sump pump struggled to keep up
Sump Pump Replacement
Every sump pump will need to be replaced eventually, even if you choose a top-of-the-line model. As technology advances, sump pumps have improved as well. If you’ve installed a sump pump a long time ago, it may be time to replace it!
Newer sump pumps may be able to protect your basement more thoroughly, and they may also need less power than an older model. If you want to make sure your home is thoroughly protected, contact D & F Plumbing for a quality sump pump replacement!
Need Help with Sump Pump Repair and Installation?
Click the Button below to leave your information. A team member will be reaching out to you very shortly!
Sump Pump Installation
Sump pump installation should always be handled by a professional plumbing company like D & F Plumbing. Though most sump pumps are installed when a house is being built, we can install a sump pump at any time!
Here is the sump pump installation process:
- We’ll choose the best location for the pump, examining things like slope, grade of the piping, electrical wiring, and the building layout.
- We then make a sump pit, or basin.
- This does involve digging out a small section of concrete.
- We then carefully install the sump pump, making sure it is straight within the basin.
- We’ll connect the hoses.
- We’ll wire it safely into your electrical supply.
- We’ll install a removable cover to protect the sump pump, and then you’re good to go!
Importance of Maintaining a Sump Pump
Regular maintenance can really extend the life of your sump pump. When we perform sump pump maintenance, we’ll do the following:
- Remove the basin cover.
- Disconnect fittings that connect the hoses to the pump itself.
- Remove the sump pump and clean it.
- We also check for rocks, debris, or other signs of damage within the motor itself.
- If your sump pump has a filter, we’ll also change this during regular maintenance.
What Should I Do if I Have a Plumbing Sump Pump Emergency?
A sump pump emergency generally involved large amounts of flooding. Remove everything you can from the floor of the basement, and call a professional plumbing company with sump pump experience. Contact D & F Plumbing today for sump pump repair and installation!Back to Residential Plumbing Services
Sump Pump Repair and Installation in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas