Sump Pump Repair and Installation
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Find yourself walking ankle-deep in water at the bottom of your basement? The Pacific NW is an area with heavy rainfall. If you’ve struggled with basement flooding in the past, you may want to consider a sump pump. Basements that are prone to flooding can really benefit from sump pumps as they divert water away from your home. With a sump pump, you can help prevent flooding and the problems it can cause, like mold growth and wood rot.
Types of Sump Pumps
There are two main types of sump pumps:
- Submersible pumps: this type of sump pump is installed in the sump pit of the structure. They sit within groundwater, and it prevents them from overheating. This is the most common type of sump pump.
- Pedestal pumps: This type sits above the sump pit, with a hose that goes into the pit itself. They are typically more affordable and they also last longer.
Sump Pump Repair
Because sump pumps pump groundwater and excess water, rocks and debris can enter the motor over time. With normal use, some repair is going to be necessary. If you’ve noticed the following signs, it’s time to have a professional inspect your sump pump:
- Churning, whirring, grinding, or whining
- Shreds of metal on the ground
- Your basement smells musty or moldy
- Your basement has flooded and the sump pump struggled to keep up
Sump Pump Replacement
Every sump pump will need to be replaced eventually, even if you choose a top-of-the-line model. As technology advances, sump pumps have improved as well. If you’ve installed a sump pump a long time ago, it may be time to replace it!
Newer sump pumps may be able to protect your basement more thoroughly, and they may also need less power than an older model. If you want to make sure your home is thoroughly protected, contact D & F Plumbing for a quality sump pump replacement!
Need Help with Sump Pump Repair and Installation?
Click the Button below to leave your information. A team member will be reaching out to you very shortly!
How is a Sump Pump Installed?
Sump pump installation should always be performed by a professional plumber. Though most sump pumps are installed when a house is being built, we can install a sump pump any time! We’re licensed and insured, so you can rest assured that your home is protected.
Here is the sump pump installation process:
- We’ll choose the best location for the pump, examining things like slope, grade of the piping, electrical wiring, and the building layout
- A sump pit or basin is created
- A small section of concrete is dug
- Your sump pump is installed
- Hoses are connected
- Sump pump is wired to electrical supply
- A removable cover is installed to protect your sump pump
Importance of Maintaining a Sump Pump
Regular maintenance can really extend the life of your sump pump. You can trust that when we perform your sump pump maintenance, we’ll do the following:
- Remove the basin cover
- Disconnect fittings that connect the hoses to the pump itself
- Remove the sump pump and clean it
- We also check for rocks, debris, or other signs of damage within the motor itself
- If your sump pump has a filter, we’ll also change this during regular maintenance
Expert Sump Pump Installation
Whether you need a new sump pump installed or need to have your existing one repaired, we are here for you. We provide reliable sump pump repair and installations services for both homeowners and businesses in the Portland OR and Vancouver WA area. Contact us for your no-obligation estimate!Back to Residential Plumbing Services
Sump Pump Repair and Installation in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas