Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Sewer lines are the system of large pipes that specifically carry wastewater and sewage from homes and commercial properties to disposal areas and treatment plants. These systems can function perfectly for years, even decades–until suddenly a sewer line needs to be repaired.
What are the Signs that a Sewer Line Repair is Needed?
Because the sewer line is underground, it’s not always easy to tell when it needs to be repaired. Here are a few good indications that your sewer line needs to be looked at:
- Extreme odor is coming from the yard or basement due to sewage that is not able to travel to the main sewer lines
- Sewage is found backing up in your bathtub or toilet
- There isn’t water in the toilet bowls
- Flooding in areas around sewage lines from leaking pipe joints
- Drains in bathroom sinks and bathtub drain slowly or not at all
Need Help with Sewer Line Repair & Replacement?
Click the Button below to leave your information. A team member will be reaching out to you very shortly!
What Causes a Sewer Pipe Rupture?
There are a number of reasons a sewer line ends up needing to be repaired or replaced, including:
- Corrosion caused by aging pipes crack causing their disintegration
- The ground around and underneath a building has shifted over time, causing damage to pipes
- Freezing temperatures have caused blockages in the sewer lines, causing them to burst
- Spreading tree roots have caused cracks in the sewer pipe
- Build-up of debris, food particles, grease, hair has created a clog, adding extra pressure on sewer lines and causing damage
- The sewer lines weren’t properly designed or installed
- Problems with the city sewer system can cause sewer line issues as well
New Sewer Line Repair Methods Can Help
Before newer techniques were developed, a broken sewer line involved digging a huge trench in order to inspect or access the damaged underground pipes. Professional excavation contractors and crew were needed to perform this intensive work, and it could ruin an entire landscaped yard!
Today, D & F uses video equipment to perform the inspection of the sewer line, which limits or even eliminates the destruction to the surrounding property. We also use a new method called “trenchless excavation”, which involves running a new pipe through the old one. This can eliminate damage to your property and time spent on the project, getting your home back to normal as soon as possible!
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas