Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Your sewer lines are very important. They’re responsible for carrying wastewater and sewage from your home into disposal areas and treatment plants. Whether you have an older home with galvanized steel pipes that need replacing or a break in your new sewer lines, we at D & F Plumbing can help. Our journeyman plumbing contractors are known for getting the job done right the first time. We’ll have your sewer line repaired or replaced in a timely manner.
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repairs
Because your sewer line is underground, it’s not always easy to tell when it needs to be repaired. Here are a few good indications that your sewer line needs to be inspected.
- Extreme odor is coming from the yard or basement due to sewage that is not able to travel to the main sewer lines
- Sewage is found backing up in your bathtub or toilet
- There isn’t water in the toilet bowls
- Drains in bathroom sinks and bathtub drain slowly or not at all
- Sinkholes in your lawn
- Constant drain clogs
- Basement flooding
If you are experiencing any of these signs, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll inspect your sewer system, diagnose the problem, and make the necessary repairs before it gets worse.
Need Help with Sewer Line Repair & Replacement?
Click the Button below to leave your information. A team member will be reaching out to you very shortly!
What Causes a Sewer Line to Rupture?
There are a number of reasons a sewer line ends up needing to be repaired or replaced, including:
- Corrosion caused by aging pipes crack causing their disintegration
- The ground around and underneath a building has shifted over time, causing damage to pipes
- Freezing temperatures have caused blockages in the sewer lines, causing them to burst
- Spreading tree roots have caused cracks in the sewer pipe
- Build-up of debris, food particles, grease, hair has created a clog, adding extra pressure on sewer lines and causing damage
- The sewer lines weren’t properly designed or installed
- Problems with the city sewer system can cause sewer line issues as well
Sewer Line Repair and Replacement by D & F
Before newer techniques were developed, excavation contractors had to dig a huge trench in order to inspect or access the damaged pipes underneath. While that still may be necessary for some cases, we use video equipment to perform our inspections which limits or even eliminates the destruction of your yard.
We also use “trenchless excavation” for our sewer line replacement projects. This method involves running a new pipe through the old one. With trenchless excavation, there is very minimal damage to your property, if any, it’s faster, and because it requires less labor, it’s more affordable.
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
Malfunctioning sewer lines can seriously disrupt your day-to-day activities. D & F Plumbing understands how important a well-functioning plumbing system is to your well-being. Our journeyman plumbing contractors are trained to perform sewer line repair and replacement services for both homes and businesses. So if you have broken pipes, sewer blockages, or signs of corrosion, please contact us today. We’ve been “getting the job done right the first time since 1927.”
Sewer Line Repair & Replacement in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas