Water Line Excavation
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Are you experiencing discolored water or wet spots in your yard? Your main water line may be damaged. Fortunately, D & F Plumbing is here to help with our professional water line excavation services!
While many underground plumbing issues require digging, you can also take advantage of more advanced solutions that are less destructive, including hydro excavation and trenchless excavation. These non-invasive methods allow us to make repairs or replacements to your underground plumbing with minimal disturbance to your property, so you can get back to your normal routine in no time!
D & F Plumbing’s water line excavation services are second-to-none!
- Providing non-destructive methods to repair and replace water lines
- Performing water line repairs in a day or less
- Saving you time and money
- Job is done right the first time
- Excellent customer satisfaction
Signs You May Need Underground Water Line Repairs
- Discolored water
- Wet spots in your yard
- Burst pipe
- An increase in your water bill
- A decrease in water pressure
Having a constant fresh supply of water is important so if you’re experiencing any of these signs, contact us. You can rely on us to quickly diagnose the problem and restore the water to your home as quickly as possible.
Need Help with Water Line Excavation?
Click the Button below to leave your information. A team member will be reaching out to you very shortly!
Do I Need a Water Line Excavation?
No pipes last forever. Eventually, you’ll have to replace your piping whether because of natural age or damage. Water pipes are especially susceptible to certain damages that result from corrosion. Here are just a few reasons why your pipes may need to be excavated:
- Corrosion: your pipes are made of older materials, and minerals have worn away at the copper, cast iron, or clay, creating a leak. Tuberculation (formation of small iron oxide buttons or mounds) is a particular problem in water lines, because of the way water interacts with iron.
- Damage: something has caused a pipe to collapse! This is typically the result of ground shifting beneath the home or yard.
- Tree Roots: a tree has entangled itself in your water lines, and no amount of digging is going to make it go away.
- Even if you have a minor leak in a water line, your entire line should be inspected. It might be time to replace your water line anyway!
What Does Water Line Excavation Involve?
Your water lines run underground, so fixing them generally requires exposing the pipes. However–some repairs can be done with trenchless water line excavation, a cutting-edge technique that basically involves running a new pipe through the old one.
Trenchless water line repair is a great way to avoid a complete excavation. Here are four methods of trenchless excavation that can be used to repair your water line:
- Horizontal Boring: also called directional boring, this technique involves using special drilling equipment. A plumbing excavator can dig a new channel for a water line without disturbing the surface of your yard.
- Trenchless Pipe Bursting: a special tool is threaded within the pipe. As it moves through, it destroys the old pipe, all while running a new pipe behind it.
- Cure-in-Place: a new pipe covered in an adhesive is inserted into the old one, and then expanded. Once the adhesive (typically a type of resin) dries, the pipe is bonded to the old one.
- Point Repair: a small hole in the ground is dug, right where the repair is needed. This avoids having the entire pipe being excavated.
Experts in Hydro Excavation
If you suspect a water line leak or collapse, it’s important to hire a professional plumbing company that can diagnose the issue properly. Water line excavation is a large project, and should always be undertaken with a company that has extensive experience. Trenchless water line excavation is a great way to replace older or damaged water lines quickly and easily, and D & F Plumbing has years of experience using this method. If you’re interested in water line excavation services, call us today!
Water Line Excavation in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas