Leak Detection & Repair
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Has your home sprung a leak? Ugh! That’s one of the worst problems a home can experience. Fortunately, D & F Plumbing is here to save the day before that water has a chance to wreak havoc on your home.
We have provided leak repair and leak detection services throughout the Greater Portland-Vancouver area since 1927. That means that we have more than 90 years of experience finding leaks, fixing them and earning loyal customers.
Do You Have a Leak?
Some leaks are obvious and demand your immediate attention. But often, leaks start small and can go unnoticed for an extended period. Indications of a potential leak include:
- Puddled water
- Dripping noises
- Sudden spikes in your water bill
- Mustiness and heaver mildew and mold smells
If you notice any of these warning signs, contact the team at D & F Plumbing so we can make the necessary repairs before things get crazy! We will perform a comprehensive inspection of your plumbing system and determine if you actually have a leak. In the event you do, we will get the problem corrected fast and with minimal disruption to your home.
Need Help with Leak Detection & Repair?
Click the Button below to leave your information. A team member will be reaching out to you very shortly!
Dependable and Affordable Leak Detection and Repair
If you are experiencing rising water costs with no obvious cause, D & F Plumbing is here to help. Our company has the latest and most advanced leak detection equipment available. These tools allow us to pinpoint leaks fast and precisely without having to dig up your yard or cut into your walls.
Our plumbers are licensed, bonded and insured. We can schedule a leak repair appointment at a time convenient to you, but we are also available around the clock for plumbing emergencies. Our team performs electronic leak locating and hidden slab and wall leak detection, and we can correct any leak whether you require a small section of pipe replaced or your whole house repiped.
How Long Does Leak Detection & Repair Take?
While there are exceptions, D & F Plumbing can typically locate a leak and correct it within a single visit. Our advanced leak detection equipment is a big part of why this is possible. Plus, we know how important your water supply is to your quality of life, and we are not going to leave you without water overnight or even for a short period unless there is simply no other option.
Your Leak Specialists in the Portland-Vancouver area
If you are concerned that you may have a leak, call D & F Plumbing or contact us online to schedule our leak detection services. If you know that you need leak repair, call us right away, and if the leak is serious, you can call us in the middle of the night even during the weekend or a holiday.
While some leaks are pretty obvious, others are a little more difficult to detect. Keeping an eye out for the signs that you have a leak can help you catch the problem before it can cause serious damage. Here are some ways to tell if you have a leak:
- High utility bills despite regular usage
- Signs of moisture or water damage
- Visible damage or corrosion
- Reduced water pressure
- Mold, mildew, or foul odors
- Sagging ceilings or damaged walls
If you suspect that you have a leaky pipe, you’ll want to find it as quickly as possible to avoid bigger issues like mold growth and water damage. To find a plumbing leak, follow these steps:
- Inspect appliances and fixtures: Go through your home and take a look at all of your appliances and fixtures for signs of moisture. Make sure the pipes and hoses are dry and look for puddles of water near the base.
- Try a dye test for your toilet: Slow toilet leaks are a common problem, but they often go unnoticed. To identify a leaking toilet, pour a few drops of food coloring into the tank. If the color bleeds into the bowl within the next 5-10 minutes, then water may be leaking through your toilet’s flapper.
- Look for signs of water damage: Leaks within your walls can be difficult to detect, so watch for signs of water damage. Bubbling paint, dripping noises, discoloration, or a sagging ceiling are all signs that there’s a leak nearby.
- Call a professional plumber. Sometimes, it’s nearly impossible to pinpoint a leak without the right tools. If you suspect that you have a leak but aren’t sure where it is, then it may be time to call an expert. A professional plumber has the tools and experience needed to identify and fix the leak quickly.
Water leaks can become a big problem if they go unnoticed or untreated. Not only can they cause a significant spike in your utility bills, but they can also cause damage to your home and health. Water leaks can cause serious issues such as:
- Mold and mildew growth
- Structural damage to your home
- Water contamination
- Electrical fires
- High utility bills
It can be challenging to determine when it’s time to call a plumber, especially if you feel comfortable tackling some DIY fixes. However, ignoring plumbing issues for too long can lead to bigger and more costly problems down the road. A professional plumber can provide you with quality, long-term solutions while screening for any hidden issues that would be difficult to catch on your own. If you suspect you have a leak or keep facing recurring plumbing problems, it may be time to call an expert.
Leak Detection & Repair in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas