D & F Plumbing History
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
D & F Plumbing originated in 1946 when Frank Schofield and Don Thompson purchased the plumbing company Christie Radford Plumbing. Within six months of this new acquisition, Frank bought out Don to become the sole proprietor of the company. In 1953, Frank hired a young man by the name of Maurice Minor. After a few years of hard work, Maurice knew he wanted to own this business.
So, in 1956, Maurice and his partner Jack Cowan purchased D & F Plumbing from Frank and incorporated it shortly thereafter. In the two years that followed the acquisition, the death of co-owner Jack Cowan left Maurice Minor to run the company. While Jack’s wife stayed an active part of the company, working as the secretary /teasurer, her role was minimal. Finally, in 1967, Jack’s wife left D &F Plumbing and the board for the company became the Minor family.
In 1965, Stanley and Stuart Minor (twin sons of Maurice and his wife, Lillian) began attending an apprenticeship plumbing school while also working at D & F Plumbing. As a result, both sons became journeyman plumbers in 1969.Both Stanley and Stuart continued their work in this family-owned business.
With dedication and hard work, Maurice knew the business would be in good hands with the boys, and in 1974 he sold D&F Plumbing to Stanley and Stuart. The brothers ran this successful business for a number of years, building clientele and customer relationships that would prove to last many years to come. Then, in 1984, Stanley and Stuart decided to part ways. As a result, Stanley became the sole proprietor that December.
D & F Plumbing History in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Portland OR Metro, Clark County, and Surrounding Areas