Local 290 Journeyman Plumbers
Serving Portland OR | Beaverton OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Why are Journeyman Plumbers better? The years of experience required to become a licensed journeyman plumber varies by state, but ranges from two to five years. After obtaining the prerequisite experience, plumbers may apply for a journeyman’s license.
Most states, and some cities, require an aspiring journeyman plumber to pass a test to demonstrate knowledge of local codes as well as general plumbing knowledge. The applicant might have to provide documentation proving previous work experience.
Need Help with Local 290 Journeyman Plumbers?
Click the Button below to leave your information. We’ll Call you back by the end of the day!
All of Our Plumbers Belong to Local 290
Before our plumbers took state journeyman licensing exams, they completed all of the following requirements to fulfill the Local 290 apprentice program;
- 8,000 training hours and 1,080 school hours total.
- Passing of the UA STAR exam.
- Upon successfully passing the UA STAR exam, apprentices are referred to the Building Codes Division for State exams.
- Once all exams are successfully completed, the apprentice is re-rated to journeyman.
State Journeyman Plumber Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four years/3,000 hours of plumbing experience or completion of an approved apprenticeship program
- Qualified in the following skills;
Drains and vents/sewers, water supply/backflow prevention, code, general knowledge, installation practices/methods materials, special wastes/roof drains, fixtures/trim, excavation, inspection/test/permits, mathematics, pressure, volume, grade, offsets.
Meet Our Team of Plumbers and Business Professionals
Meet The D & F Team
Local 290 Journeyman Plumbers in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving the Greater Portland OR Metro and SW Vancouver WA areas