Tankless Water Heaters – Should You Upgrade?
Do you know why plumbers hate installing tankless water heaters? Because it’s a tankless job! Ba dum tss! In all seriousness, we love installing tankless water heaters. They provide an unlimited supply of hot water and can cut your monthly bills, what’s not to like? Now here’s why you should upgrade.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Tankless water heaters connect directly to your plumbing. When hot water is requested, a series of heating elements turn on and heat the water that passes through them, providing you with hot water on demand.
The Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
- Long lasting: Because tankless water heaters don’t store water, they usually operate efficiently for at least 20 years. They also often come with longer warranties than conventional water heaters.
- Lower utility bills: The Department of Energy says tankless water heaters use around 24%-24% less energy than conventional storage tank water heaters.
- Endless hot water: Tankless water heaters provide water on-demand so you have an endless supply of hot water.
- Compact size: Tankless water heaters are much smaller than their conventional counterparts. This means you can install it in various places and it won’t take up much space.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Because you’ll be using less energy with a tankless unit, you’ll reduce your carbon footprint.
- Increase in home value: tankless water heaters are highly sought after, so if you plan to sell your home in the near future, this may be an attractive feature to potential buyers.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
For decades, homeowners have relied on traditional tank-type water heaters to generate warm water for their homes. Today, you have various options, including the ever-so-popular tankless water heater. So get with the times and get yourself a tankless water heater today–now even! D & F Plumbing is here to help you pick the right unit for your home and your budget so give us a call!